Monday, January 28, 2013

rainy days and mondays always get me down


This morning I awoke to a naked toddler, a huge puddle of pee, and the experience of stepping in poop barefoot. It wasn't the greatest moment of my life. 

If you are a mom and haven't yet had a day where you are ready to throw in the towel as soon as you awake, you aren't being honest with yourself. Or it is forthcoming. #doom Motherhood is a uniquely difficult experience; mine isn't necessarily exacting or tough in the the same way yours may be, but I think all moms can chime in and say as one that "yes, it made me tear my hair out/yes, it made me prematurely grey." 

Zao's Daddy took these photos the other night, and I haven't stopped looking at them, or recreating the scene, since. The way Zao and his Sister are with each other is centering, grounding, and makes my heart swell. 

These moments are why we press on, ladies.



Zao and his sister love each other so much. They each light up at the sight of the other. Witnessing this special bond between the people I made siblings is humbling.

I know, I know - that may change one day. But not today. Today is when I needed it most.


1 comment:

  1. I love your kids! =) You and Jeremiah were 2 and 4 when I sat in the hallway of our apartment and cried. A meltdown day for me. But what I remember so vividly is not what made me cry but you coming and sitting very close beside me and it touched me deeply.

    ReplyDelete