Monday, January 28, 2013

this week in meals


My second week of menu planning is underway and off to a very good start. Huzzah! It makes me happy. Prep day especially makes me happy: it is such a great time-saver for the rest of the week, and while in process I remember just how very much I love cooking




breakfasts
green juice (fresh-pressed)
eggs your way
breakfast balls (follow the link for the the recipe! I make ours without maple syrup.)
yam hash

mixed berry muffins for Zao (gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free) 
sweet potato carrot cakes


lunches
grilled chicken
burgers
tuna salad (made with homemade mayo)
green beans
salad
leftovers, if any

dinners

beef stew + veg
moroccan meatballs with cumin-roasted carrots
lemon garlic chicken with roasted broccoli
omelets or frittata
*all the above meals include a green veg, it's standard in these parts

snacks/meal additions
fruit (green apples, bananas, oranges, berries)
spiced almonds
carrots

celery + sunflower seed butter
avocados


Please comment and let me know if there is a recipe that you would like (if the link isn't already provided above). My mom taught me how to share! 

2 comments:

  1. thanks for linking to the recipes! this excites me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great thing! I so want to get going on it. It seems so hard with a house full of grown-ups. They all need to come on board with it and I haven't tried very hard to make that happen. :/

    ReplyDelete